Monday 26 April 2010

If you give a gal a recipe...




You can never go wrong with coconut!



This morning with Anali turned into a series of, "if you give a mouse a cookie." We began our morning with a good dose of chapters from our current read- Little Woman. The chapter we had left off on was about Jo's dreadful dinner where she puts salt in the fruit instead of sugar. Sugar apparently made Anali think of breakfast, breakfast made her talk about the Muffin Man...
Before you know it Anali was bathing and I on the other hand had pulled out my apron and had blueberry muffins on the counter by the time she came down stairs. I had all the ingredients for the recipe, which in such a spur of the moment occasion I was thankful I did. So without any particulars to texture or taste I ventured to try this recipe out.

Right as I was about to put the muffins in the oven I managed to put some walnuts in some and sprinkled flax seed and coconut in others. I suppose that is the series of events that occurs when you give a gal like me a recipe.



Gluten-Free BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

Ingredients
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup canola oil
2/3 cup agave nectar
2/3 cup rice milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries

(directions)

1 comment:

  1. oh dear, I think we might be having muffins tomorrow! And please remind me why on earth we did not get a picture with the four of us this weekend?

    ReplyDelete